03.10.2014

Polished and Pinstriped

Suit Jacket: Jones New York c/o  |  Pants: Jones New York c/o  |  Oxford Shirt: Brooks Brothers  |  Vest: ABS (old but love this similar one and this similar one)  |  Shoes: Steve Madden (old but practically identical ones here and more below)  |  Chain-Link Necklace: J. Crew (very similar here) |  Monogram Necklace: MyMonogramNecklace c/o (also similar here) | Rings: Gorjana (similar here)  |  Earrings: Juliet & Company  |  Sunglasses: Karen Walker  |  Polish: Essie (Fiji)
________

Today, I’m excited to share some of Jones New York’s amazing Spring suiting pieces.  When recently checking out their new collection (which is so much more than just suits), I was legitimately astounded by (a) their modern, fresh take on classic pieces like today’s pinstripe suit; and (b) their crazy good fit.  Who knew a traditional pants suit could be so exciting?  (Insert Hillary Clinton joke here.)

We’ve all seen the menswear-inspired, traditional pinstripe suit a million times.  However, with the unique detailing and amazing fit of this baby, JNY brings the classic suit alive in a completely new way.  In particular, the contrast waist of the jacket creates a beautiful pinstripe-turned-chevron pattern that’s not only aesthetically pleasing, but also super slimming. The pants echo the detailing of the jacket with their slant-tastic contrast waistband, and then seamlessly (well, technically there are seams.  But, figuratively speaking, the pants seamlessly) flow into the. perfect. wide. leg.

Honestly, they’re actually perfect.  It’s upsetting.

I’m a stickler for proportions and can say that even the length of the nipped-waist jacket is an unmitigated success.  Especially when paired with a wide-leg trouser, a suit jacket has to hit at just the right not-too-long, not-too-short spot–which it does.  Overall, I’m pretty enamored with the waist-defining feminine silhouette created by the jacket before flowing out into the looser pants.

When I add to this list of wins the fact that the pieces have just the right hint of stretch, are majorly wrinkle-resistant (not a single wrinkle after being wadded into my suitcase for a five hour flight), AND have an equally gorgeous matching pencil skirt and sheath dress… well, it appears that JNY is just showing off.  And I’m not even mad.

Well played, Jones New York. Well Played.

Shop the Post:

This is a collaboration between Jones New York and the AOL Lifestyle Contributor Network. Compensation was provided by Jones New York via AOL Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Jones New York.

14 Responses to Polished and Pinstriped

1. Malinina says:

Looks wonderful on you such a suit, feminine and rigorously the same time!

2. Natali says:

Amazing business look!!! You rock tuxedos like no other blogger!

3. Olyvia says:

This suit looks like it was made for you! Wish they came in my sizes :)

4. Anonymous says:

Such beautiful photos! I’ve never loved a suit more!

5. Jillian says:

Wow that suit is actually really cool and I LOVE how you styled it!! That fur vest was the perfect finishing touch!! Never would have thought of that. <3 <3

6. Red Reticule says:

This is a true power suit. Perfect tailoring and so elegant.

7. Lily says:

This suit looks amazing on you, and WAY more expensive than it really is! I guess I need to get to Jones New York!

8. Elizabeth H. says:

Wow, can’t believe that suit is Jones New York, I thought that was for old ladies! Definitely going to be checking out there stuff now!

9. I just found your blog today, and I’m so going to follow you! I like the fact that you have a very classy, work-driven style, less of that oh-so-trendy approach and much more polished. Thumbs up ;)

10. Beautiful outfit! But really WOW you are stunning. Sometimes I find that I come in to your blog just to admire your hair or the beautiful pictures xD! You should make a beauty post some day! Or make up post.

11. Claudia says:

Beautiful! I do have to ask one thing… where are you located? Somehow I assumed NYC (not sure why) and besides finding the clothing beautiful, I am always jealous of how sunny it is in your photos, even though I am buried in snow, only an hour north of NYC… :-)

12. Claudia says:

Ah!… Ok, still jealous, though! ;-)

13. Love that defined waist! A clever reinvention of how it’s always done.